We speak English!!!
Nous parlons Francais!!!
Wir sprechen Deutsch!!!

Module CedWordCloud Custom Tags - changing font not possible

More
2 years 4 months ago #141 by Braun
I am using premium Version 3.0.5. and I am trying to select a font family like "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" (NOT webfont) - see screenshot

But I am always getting the font family ''Average, Times, serif' which seems to be fixed included in this file:
\components\com_cedwordcloud\helpers\wordcloud.php

Obviously a bug? Otherwise please tell me how to change the font family.

Thanks,
Anja
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #143 by Galaxiis
Solved in 3.0.7, now it is possible to select among 811 google webfont using a list box!

More
2 years 3 months ago #144 by Braun
Thank you for the update, but unfortunately it only affects google webfonts - please read carefully, my question didn't refer to webfonts at all.

The problem still exists. I resolved it hard coded in
\components\com_cedwordcloud\helpers\wordcloud.php
->
$fontFamily = "fontFamily: 'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif',";

but of course this is not a good solution and will be overwritten with the next update.

Maybe in next version?

More
2 years 3 months ago #145 by Galaxiis
Was not a mis-understanding, my goal was to phase out all non google webfont, i've checked code and found some leftover font definitions. I will now phase this out in 3.0.8

Google Fonts has three distinct advantages that make it ideal for many freelancers and small businesses: It requires no sign-up, it’s open source and free, and the deployment of fonts is fast. Google Fonts also tends to be faster; if a user visits a different website using the same font, it is already pre-loaded when they visit yours. If you choose times new roman, you are guaranteed that that the visitor will see it even if times new roman is not installed on his machine (you get the idea)

More
2 years 3 months ago #146 by Galaxiis
3.0.8 is out with only support for Google Webfont

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds